The Xactimate 28 Advanced Training Course for Flood Claims Adjusters is designed for intermediate to advanced Xactimate users who want to increase the speed and accuracy of their sketching and estimating skills. The course is taught by Didi Womack, an NFIP Certified Flood Claims Adjuster endorsed by Xactware as a Xactimate Certified Trainer.
Each class is designed to meet the business needs and learning objectives of experienced Flood Claims Adjusters who have been using Xactimate and are ready to increase their knowledge of Sketch by learning to create more complex diagrams (large interiors and exteriors, roofs, and more) as well as creating estimates within the Sketch screen itself.
Flood Claims Adjusters will be taught advanced variables, keyboard shortcuts and other techniques to improve their skills. The course also focuses on a variety of estimating methods to increase overall efficiency. This class will prepare students for the Level 3 Certification Exam.
Students of this course should meet the following prerequisites before attending class:
- Basic Computer skills: Using a keyboard and mouse
- Basic typing skills
- Proficient at creating estimates in Xactimate using Sketch
- Understands the Flood Claims Industry and construction terminology
- Attend the basic Xactimate 28 training (not required but highly recommended)
- Laptop with Xactimate 28 installed
This course is a two-day, instructor-led, classroom training incorporating the teaching methodology of demonstrate, participate and practice. After receiving demonstration of Xactimateconcepts by the instructor, students participate in discussion then practice the concepts within Xactimate. During the course progression, exercises build on previously taught concepts to provide reinforcement.
Skills and Objectives
- Use a variety of new Xactimate 28 features including:
- The staircase tool
- Enhanced roof sketching
- Enhancedestimate Items
- 3D estimation
- Arced walls and much more.
- Create a variety of complex building diagrams for large loss estimates in Sketch
- Estimate graphically in Sketch and use the Item List feature to add and modify items in multiple rooms.
- Utilize new variables, functions and formulas to create complex estimate calculations.
- Add custom documents to an estimate and merge multiple reports together.
- Create custom documents using Xactimate tokens in MS Word/Excel and the Report Editor.
- Increase understanding and functionality of estimate report types.