Level 2 Certification Exam – Xactimate Proficiency (Power User)
This Level 2 Certification Exam verifies that the user has mastered foundational Xactimate 28 conceptsand can use more intermediate Xactimate practices to increase efficiency, productivity and accuracy. This Exam is administered and scored by Xactware, Inc.
The Level 2 Certification Exam is broken into three different sections. The three sections are as follow:
1. Sketch and Scope Lab: In this hands-on lab, individuals are required to use their own locally installed Xactimate (or online version) to create an estimate. The most recent version of Xactimate 28 is required. The estimate consists of a Sketch and scope scenario that must be completed accurately. The estimate will be used to answer the questions found in the Practical Exam section. The Sketch and Scope Lab is not timed, and individuals may exit and return to the lab as needed prior to beginning the Practical Exam and Knowledge Exam. The approximate time required to complete this section is 90 – 180 minutes.
2. Practical Exam: In this section of the exam, individuals are asked 35 questions pertaining to the estimate created in the Sketch and Scope Lab. Questions are specific to the scope, quantities, dimensions, and pricing from the estimate. This section of the exam is timed. Closing the Practical Exam prior to completion will result in an automatic FAIL. The approximate time required to complete this section is 30 – 90 minutes.
3. Knowledge Exam: This portion of the exam consists of 35 multiple-choice, true/false, and matching questions. Questions are related to the learning objectives listed below in the Knowledge Requirements section of this document. This section of the exam is timed. Closing the Knowledge Exam prior to completion will result in an automatic FAIL. The approximate time required to complete this section is 30 – 90 minutes.Passing grade is 70%. The time limit for the Practical Exam and Knowledge Exam is 180 minutes. Results with associated learning objectives will be available immediately for review upon completing the exam.
Knowledge Requirements:Individuals will be required to demonstrate that the following learning objectives have been met:
Learning Objective Description
- The user demonstrates understanding of Claim Info, Contact Manager/Import from Contacts, Parameters, Depreciation Options, Tokens, Opening and Closing Statements.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Room Properties, Relation to Level, Ceiling Type, Orientation Tool, Sketch Staircases, Square Break Tool (click+drag method), Vertex Tool, Wall Tool, Reference Areas and Blocks, Missing Wall, Room Variables LL, HH, SH, V.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Multiple Levels, Level Properties, Sketch Options (measurements, font size, reset window views, keyboard shortcuts), Sketch Images Window/Add/Load Digital Images, Sketch Image Reference, Annotation Ribbon.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Grouping Members (Append, Insert, Attach), Quick Entry, Search for Line Items, Retrieve Scope, Coverage Association, Depreciation Options, Dwelling Coverages, Activity Information, Miscellaneous Items, Line Item Attachments,
Subvariables/Calculations, Calculate Waste (F*1.15), Global Changes Wizard.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Estimating from Sketch, Estimating Windows, Searching for Line Items, Selecting Surface Areas, Adding Items Graphically, Floor Covering Tools, Sketch Items List.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Estimate Items Window, Quick Entry Method, Quick Entry Navigation, Column identification.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Estimating in Sketch, Item Information Window, Common Roofing Materials, Adding Roofing Line Items in Sketch, Calculating Waste for Roofing Shingles, Manually Calculating Waste SQ*1.15.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Locking/Unlocking Roof Measurements, Roof Properties (Roof Rafters, Ridge, Span), Multiple Roof Slopes and Shapes, Roof Overbuilds, Commercial Roof Shapes, Roof Variables VAL, HIP, EAVE, RAKE.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Elevation Grouping Member, Dimensioning an Elevation, Adding Line Items to Grouping Members, Variables Association, Reference Search on Exterior.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Change Estimate Status from In Progress to Completed, Complete, Submit Required Information, Correct Inspection Violations, Mark Estimate Completed, Print Report, Upload Assignment.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Project Preview, Duplicating/Copying Projects, Quick Copy, Merge Projects, Save and Save As, Resequence Line Numbers, Recycle Bin, Project Defaults.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Download Historical Price Lists, Provide Pricing Feedback, Components, Supporting Events, Labor Minimums vs. Base Service Charges, Price Changes.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Creating Macros, Retrieving Macros, Pre-built Macros in Sketch, Sketch Templates (use existing, rotate, flip).
- The user demonstrates understanding of Data Transfer types, such as projects, price lists, company headers, model statements, contacts, and references; Version Compatibility, Transfer Type: Folder, XactAnalysis, Cloud, Can drag and drop (send) data, Can choose to skip, merge/rename, or overwrite items.
- The user demonstrates understanding of Print Reports, Estimate Reports, Info Tab, Print Options, Line Item Detail, Sketch Images, Claim Reports, Documents, Report Macros, Uploaded Documents, Additional Options, Language Selection, Take-off Reports, Print Images on Report.
- Attend an Xactimate 28 Training Class
- Xactimate 28 training classes are offered in a variety of convenient forms, including self-paced, virtual classroom (online), and classroom formats. Visit www.xactware.com/training for more details on class availability.
- Review the Xactimate 28 Training Workbook
- This 300-page workbook is a great resource to help prepare for the Level 2 Certification Exam. Visit http://www.xactware.com/store to order a copy.
- Online Certification Preparation Course
- This two-hour refresher course will help prepare an individual for the exam. Class participants will be taught individually by one of Xactware’s Certified Trainers. Visit us at www.xactware.com and schedule a class.
If you are a professional working in the building and insurance repair industry, you recognize the value of an accurate repair estimate. Xactimate certification validates that a user has the knowledge to accurately and efficiently create an estimate in Xactimate. Benefits of being a certified Xactimate user include:
- Marketing yourself as one of the most proficient Xactimate users in the business.
- Giving employers confidence that you are a certified Level 2 Xactimate user.
- Having the opportunity to be listed in the User Certification Directory.
- Receiving a Level 2 certificate.