Xactimate 28 Training – For Flood Claims Adjusters
Course Overview – Xactimate 28 is taught from the Flood Claims Adjuster’s point of view:
This version of Xactware’s premier training program for new to intermediate Xactimate 28 users has been customized for Flood Claims Adjusting.
- New and experienced Flood Claims Adjusters will learn how to setup claims, sketch, estimate, and assemble flood claim closing reports in Xactimate 28 that to conform to NFIP standards.
- Experienced Flood Claims Adjusters will easily make the transition to Xactimate 28 from other software programs.
- Adjusters from other specialties who want to become Flood Claims Adjusters will be learn how to build upon their knowledge of Xactimate and apply it to writing flood claims.
This course is a 3-day, instructor-led, classroom training. The entire focus of the course is to teach Xactimate 28 as it applies to Flood Claims Adjusting. Instruction, hands on exercises, and discussions will demonstrate how to best use the program to quickly and efficiently create sketches, write estimates, create valuations, fill out NFIP forms and reports, and assemble them into the required order for upload to the Carrier for payment consideration. During the course progression, exercises build on previously taught concepts to provide reinforcement. You will walk out of this class with completed sample flood claim closing reports, macros and templates that will prepare you to write flood claims be proficient in Xactimate 28 during your first deployment.
Skills and Objectives
Students of this course will be instructed on how to do the following:
- General administration of Xactimate 28, including setup of claim information, adding new projects, and basic program navigation.
- Use Xactimate 28’s 4-step process to create, assemble and print a variety of flood claim estimates.
- Create a variety of interior and exterior building diagrams within Sketch.
- Use the most effective search techniques to quickly and easily find and enter estimate line items.
- Understand how to use variables to accurately and efficiently calculate estimate line item quantities.
- Increase efficiency by setting defaults, using sketch templates, macros and retrieve scope functions.
- Add annotations and images to provide additional clarity and detail to photos and sketches.
- Personalize, assemble and print final flood claim closing reports for Carrier payment consideration.
Xactimate 28 or Xactimate 28 DEMO version is required to be downloaded prior to class on the participant’s laptop. The Demo version available by calling Xactware at 800-424-9228 – Call Customer Service to request that they email you the DEMO installation link with the FEMA Flood Forms Profile installed. Download should be emailed to you.
Students of this course should meet the following prerequisites before attending class:
Basic Computer skills, Understand property loss industry and terminology
- Bring a Laptop with Xactimate 28 or Xactimate 28 Demo Version installed
- Bring an external computer mouse