The Xactimate 28 Advanced Training Course is designed for intermediate to advanced Xactimate users.
Each class is designed to meet the business needs and learning objectives of the students. Students in this course should build on their knowledge of Sketch by learning to create more complex diagrams (large interiors and exteriors, roofs, and more) as well as estimating within Sketch. Students will be taught advanced variables, keyboard shortcuts and other techniques to improve their skills. The course also focuses on a variety of estimating methods to increase overall efficiency. All this is done while preparing students for the Level 3 Certification Exam.
Students of this course should meet the following prerequisites before attending class:
- Basic Computer skills
- Using a keyboard and mouse (understanding left and right mouse clicking)
- Basic typing skills
- Proficient at creating estimates in Xactimate using Sketch
- Understands the property loss industry and construction terminology
- Attend the basic Xactimate 28 training (not required but highly recommended)
- Laptop with Xactimate 28 installed
This course is a two-day, instructor-led, classroom training. During the early stages of the course, the instructor will take inventory of the topics the students would like covered to meet their business needs. The instructor will then incorporate the topics into the two-day course materials. Presentation, discussion and classroom exercises are directed by a certified Xactimate instructor. Students will complete a variety
of practice estimates and hands-on Xactimate exercises. The instructor incorporates the teaching methodology of demonstrate, participate and practice. After receiving demonstration of Xactimate concepts by the instructor, students participate in discussion then practice the concepts within Xactimate. During the course progression, exercises build on previously taught concepts to provide reinforcement.
Skills and Objectives
Students of this course will be instructed on how to do the following:
- Configure XactAnalysis settings and utilize the XactAnalysis Communications pane.
- Merge projects and demonstrate an understanding of the various merge settings.
- Customize the pricing database and demonstrate an understanding of the component makeup of the unit price.
- Expand understanding of the Labor Cost Model, including Labor Minimums.
- Use a variety of new Xactimate 28 features including: the staircase tool, enhanced roof sketching, enhanced estimate Items, 3D estimation, arced walls and much more.
- Create a variety of complex building diagrams for large loss estimates in Sketch including: interiors, exteriors, roofs, elevations, and building footprints.
- Estimate graphically in Sketch and use the Item List feature to add and modify items in multiple rooms.
- Utilize new variables, functions and formulas to create complex estimate calculations.
- Apply line item tags and item scenarios to customize an estimate and its reports.
- Add custom documents to an estimate and merge multiple reports together.
- Create custom documents using Xactimate tokens in MS Word/Excel and the Report Editor.
- Increase understanding and functionality of estimate report types.