The Xactimate 28 Fundamentals and Proficiency Training Course is a 3-day course designed for new to intermediate Xactimate users across all Industries. (For Flood Claims Adjuster specific training refer to: Xactimate 28 Fundamentals and Proficiency for Flood Claims Adjusters.)
This course is a three-day, instructor-led, classroom training which introduces the techniques and best practices needed to create, sketch, scope and deliver professional small to medium loss estimates using a variety of Xactimate 28 tools. DidiWomack, a Xactware Certified Instructor,incorporates the teaching methodology of demonstrate, participate, and practice as students complete a variety of practice estimates and hands-on Xactimate 28 exercises. After receiving demonstration of Xactimate28 concepts, students participate in discussion then practice the concepts within Xactimate 28.
Skills and Objectives
- General administration of Xactimate 28, including setup of claim information, adding new projects, and basic program navigation.
- The 4-step process to create a variety of small and medium property loss estimates, including water, wind, hail, and fire.
- How to create a variety of different building diagrams within Sketch including: small/medium interiors and exteriors, roofs and more.
- Use a variety of searching techniques used to find the correct line items and utilize Xactware pricing data.
- Become familiar with the Labor Cost Model, including Labor Minimums.
- Utilize variables and calculations to accurately and efficiently calculate item quantities.
- Increase efficiency by using the existing default settings, applying Sketch templates, macrosand retrieving scope.
- Add annotations and images to provide additional clarity and detail.
- Personalize and print a variety of professional estimate and claim reports.
During the course progression, exercises build on previously taught concepts to provide reinforcement.All this is done while preparing students for Level 1 and 2 Certification Exams.
Students of this course should meet the following prerequisites before attending class:
- Possess basic computer skills, Bring a Laptop with Xactimate 28 INSTALLED and an external computer mouse
- Understand property loss industry and terminology